The Amazon is burning! Emergency Appeal
Outraged by this?! Us too.
Please donate and support our emergency campaign.
Thousands of fires are raging – we cannot possibly firefight all these directly, this is the task of Amazon governments. Our job is to support those on the frontline dealing with this emergency and continue to support once the fires are out. This includes supporting local and indigenous communities and lobbying the government for stronger action in protecting the rainforest.
Donate to the Amazon Emergency Appeal
With the money raised, our Amazon teams along with local organisations will carry out urgent work including:
- Supporting key local and indigenous communities’ needs for medical support, fire-fighter training and security.
- Working with local governments where possible on procedures for fighting fires and deforestation.
- Wildlife monitoring, rescue and recovery care projects
- Campaigning for stronger action from the government.
- In the aftermath of the fires, supporting restoration and helping build the conditions to combat deforestation and fires in future
This is the first response and we’ll keep reviewing where the money is most needed in the Latin America region both now and once the fires are out.